Instructor: Pepper O’Neal
Click HERE to register.
Course Description: This class will focus on understanding the basic functions of the
WordPress backend. It will include: making posts and pages, adding images, copying
and pasting from one post or page to another, creating links, connecting
your social media links for FaceBook, Twitter, etc., using plugins, widgets,
and themes, creating parent and child pages, using menus, and customizing
the look and feel of your site. In short, everything you need to set a
website or blog and make it uniquely yours.
* Navigating the Back End of WordPress
* Understanding Themes: Changing the Look of Your Site Through
* Customizing the Themes: Changing the Header and Background.
* Understanding the Difference Between Posts & Pages: What They Are;
How to Use Them
* Adding Images & Links
* Things you can do to Jazz up your site. Using Asides and Widgets
* Working with Plugins: Understanding Plugins, Some Plugins You Must
Have, Setting Up FB & Twitter
Links on Your Site
* Some Things You Need to Know About the Web and Websites
Pepper O’Neal has a doctorate in education and has taught a number of
adult education classes on many different subjects. She currently works as a
freelance researcher and author. When she was told by both of her publishers
that she needed to have a website, she realized she needed to finally join
the age of technology. She also realized she had two options. She could pay
someone to design the site for her, or she could to do it herself. As she
hates depending on others for things involving her career, she decided to
learn how to use the free web-design software WordPress and Joomla. She took
classes, hired experts for tutors, and picked the brains of her
web-designer friends. After designing her own websites, she decided she liked doing
it, and now she designs websites for others.